Happy back to school! We are about to embark on a exciting new journey where transition and colors feed our soul or are we? I have noticed on facebook lately that everyone seems to be going through a crisis. Everywhere around me things seem to be spinning out of control. I find this happens every September, this transition from summer to fall takes a tole on people. Why? I believe that anytime there is a lot of change people feel unstable. Change is uncomfortable and many of us avoid it at all costs. As many have taken vacation and come back to a full email box and workload we find ourselves overwhelmed and unable to cope. We are out of our routine with food, sleep, work and it builds on us. If we are unable to let that go and ease our transition back into things then parts of our life begin to get out of hand. The more we hold on and try to control our situations the worse they get. So how do we then ease into transition? Things that help me with transitions:
1) Make a list of things you need to do and cross them off when you do them: This will help you get organized and feel accomplished when you get things done and cross them off your list.
2) Go to bed early and get sleep: Sleep will help you keep a strong mind and body.
3) Exercise: Walk, jog, yoga, gym: Keep the body moving will help you from falling into a depression. Exercise keeps the blood moving and your body going.
4) Be mindful: Be mindful of how you feel. Acknowledge that this is a tough time. Allow yourself to feel your emotions then move on.
5) Have compassion for yourself: This is not an easy time. Be kind in your thoughts to yourself. You are doing the best you can.